What Does SATs Stand for?
Tasks and Tests
Provisional SATs dates 2018:
Key Stage 1:
|May 2018||Key Stage 1 Test Period|
|Week Commencing Monday 11th June 2018||Phonics Screening Check Week|
Key Stage 2:
The Key Stage 2 tests are timetabled from Monday 14th May 2018 to Thursday 17th May 2018 but there are no official days yet. See last years timetable below for an example of how the tests are normally timetabled.
|Monday 8th May 2017||English Reading|
|Tuesday 9th May 2017||
English Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Paper 1: Questions
Englsih Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Paper 2: Spelling
|Wednesday 10th May 2017||
Mathematics Paper 1: Arithmetic
Mathematics Paper 2: Reasoning
|Thursday 11th May 2017||Mathematics Paper 3: Reasoning|
How can I help my child prepare for their SATs?
- The biggest single influence on your child’s SAT marks will be their reading
- Good attendance is vital. Please support us by ensuring your child is at school every day. Absence results in your child missing vital preparation for their SATs.
- Please ensure your child completes their homework to the best of their ability.
- Good readers can read questions quickly, and understand what they need to do. Continue to encourage your child to read every day, looking at both stories and non-fiction.
- Times tables and division knowledge is essential in order for children to be well prepared for their Mathematics tests.
- To help your child prepare for SATs, please encourage the use of revision books and websites listed below. More information will follow relating to being able to purchase revision books from school. These are an excellent resource in preparing your child for their SATs.
www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/ (English, Mathematics)
www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/revision/index.html (general revision)
www.cgpbooks.co.uk/online_rev/ks2choice.asp (interactive revision activities)
http://www.icteachers.co.uk/children/children_sats.htm (English, Mathematics)
Revision clubs will run on a Tuesday after school after October half term. It is recommended that your child attends this club.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to SATs, please do not hesitate to contact us.